Specialty Compounding is the only 503A pharmacy that is FDA certified in the state of Texas. When it comes to compounding you want a provider you can trust.
All of our compounded preparations are made in a controlled clean room environment. Our sterile lab exceeds ISO class 7 standards. We use only USP grade ingredients from FDA-approved manufacturers and provide certificates of analysis and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on all of our chemicals. We employ the latest quality control techniques in our labs and use an independent lab to test potency on all compounds, as well as sterility and endotoxins on sterile compounds. We also conduct internal tests for sterility, particulate matter, and environmental contamination in our sterile lab.
Specialty Compounding meets or exceeds the USP 797 requirements to prepare high risk, level III sterile products. At this level there are certain quality assurance processes designated by USP that document policy and procedures to provide a foundation in order to ensure the identity, strength, purity, and quality is represented in the final product.
Our sterile products team are highly trained and qualified licensed pharmacists and technicians that products receive both didactic and experiential training and are routinely validated for proper aseptic technique.
At Specialty Compounding all aseptic manipulations are performed in our state of the art facility that is a Class 100 environment with an ISO Class 7 sterile lab.
8 reasons to choose the right compounding pharmacy for you:
1. Innovative: We use various dispensing methods for medications to increase compliance and to ensure the safety of the compounded medication. Specialty Compounding also uses unit-dose pouches to protect the medication from the environment and to assure accurate dosing.
2. Knowledge: We are committed to the future of compounding. We have pledged our support to numerous issues relating to the importance of individually tailored medications. Additionally, we belong to several organizations committed to professional compounding: International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists (IACP).
3. Consistency: Compounding equipment is required in any pharmacy; however, our equipment far exceeds the minimum.
4. Materials: Specialty Compounding orders USP pharmaceutical grade materials from several long-standing, reputable chemical suppliers.
5. Safety: To ensure the high quality of our compounds and the safety of our workplace, we have established lab safety and hygiene policies. Our lab staff wears personal protective gear (scrub attire, masks and gloves), and utilizes powder containment (ventilation hoods) and sanitizing equipment. Routine cleaning procedures are in place for the preparation of all compounds and for maintaining the lab equipment.
6. Accuracy: Our compounding procedures are carefully documented and each compound goes through a comprehensive series of checks.
7. Testing: The monitoring of our quality control measures (documenting of procedures, verifying recipe calculations, and ingredients) is crucial when compounding our medications and is accomplished through a variety of methods. We have staff, who meets regularly to review processes, evaluate supplies and monitor overall quality. We send finished compounds for analysis for potency and sterility by an independent laboratory to verify our procedures.
8. Ethics: Specialty Compounding follows all State Board of Pharmacy rules and
guidelines suggested by IACP.
Please call us with questions or to fill a prescription:
211 S. Bell Blvd. (Hwy 183 N)
Cedar Park, TX 78613
Toll Free: 877-AUSTINRX (287-8679)
Or use our contact form.
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 9 AM to 5 PM
Specialty Compounding is now compounding Rg3.